Hindi mahulugang karayom. Ganyan ilarawan ang mga lansangan na dadaanan ng prusisyon ng Black Nazarene tuwing sasapit ang January 9 sa Maynila. Ang Pista ng Itim na Nazareno ay isa sa pinaka malaking Catholic celebrations sa bansa na dinadagsa ng hindi bababa sa sampung milyong deboto taun-taon. Ang translasyon o ang pag lipat ng poon mula Quirino Grandstand pabalik sa Quiapo Church ay parte na ng kaugaliang Pilipino – kahit ang mga taga probinsya, ay dumarayo sa Maynila para maki-bahagi sa selebrasyon.
Hindi holiday ang January 9 sa Pilipinas o sa Maynila; may pasok sa mga private at government offices. For safety reasons, karamihan sa mga eskwelahan ay nagde-declare na din ng suspension of classes. Dahil dito, ang mga commuters at car owners na dumadaan o pumapasok mismo sa area na nasasakupan ng Maynila ay binibigyan ng maagang Traffic Re-routing Advise at Schedule of Events para mas madali nilang ma-plano ang kanilang pag-pasok at pag-uwi sa araw ng translasyon.
For our information and guidance, narito ang pinaka updated na listahan ng activities at alternate routes para sa idadaos na pista sa Sabado, January 9. Please take note na may mga activities na sa Quiapo as early as Thursday, January 7. Malaki na ang epekto nito sa traffic at drop and pick-up points ng mga pampublikong sasakyan. Be guided by these reminders para hindi tayo maabala sa ating pag-pasok sa opisina at iba pang lakad.
Schedule of Activities (Source: http://www.outoftownblog.com)
January 7, 2016 (Thursday) – Quiapo Church
- 3:00 PM – Procession of all replicas of the Black Nazarene
January 8, 2016 (Friday) – Quirino Grandstand
- 1:00 PM – Start of Pahalik
- 5:00 PM – Vespers
- 5:30 PM to 11:30 PM – Vigil Program
- 12:00 MN – Holy Eucharistic Mass
- Overnight vigil
January 9, 2016 (Saturday)
- 1:00 AM to 6:00 AM – Continuation of the Vigil Program at the Quirino Grandstand
- 6:00 AM – Liturgy for Procession at the Quirino Grandstand followed by the procession (Translasyon ) of the Black Nazarene to Quiapo Church.
Last year, the Translasyon took all of 19 hours to traverse the 6.75 – kilometer distance from Quirino grandstand to the Quiapo church. The same is expected this year as more devotees are anticipated, with the feast falling on a Saturday.
Alternate Routes (Source: http://www.outoftownblog.com)
- All vehicles coming from Quezon City through España should turn right at P. Campa, take a left at Andalucia, right at Fugoso, then left at T. Mapua onwards to point of destination.
- All PUJs/light vehicles coming from España going to South Pier Zone should turn left at Nicanor Reyes, then take a right to C.M. Recto Avenue, straight to R-10, then left at R-10 to Delpan Bridge on to your destination.
- All vehicles coming from the northern part of Manila and headed to Bonifacio Drive southbound should turn right at Roberto S. Oca Street, then take a left at Delgado, left at Bonifacio Drive if headed towards Port Area offices. If you are going to Taft Avenue, take a right at A. Soriano to Magallanes Drive, another right at P. Burgos, then straight to Lagusnilad on to Taft Avenue.
- All vehicles from the south and headed towards P. Burgos should take T.M. Kalaw, take a left at Taft Avenue, then right at Ayala on to Ayala Bridge.
- Private vehicles intending to pass by the northbound section of Roxas Boulevard should turn right at Pres. Quirino Avenue then take Mabini bridge (Nagtahan Bridge) on to point of destination.
- All PUJs plying the Monumento-Gasak-Recto route and headed towards Andalucia through Recto should turn right on Fugoso and another right at Oroqueta, on to point of origin.
- All vehicles coming from Legarda should turn right at C.M. Recto Avenue or left to Mendiola, on to destination.
- All buses coming from the eastern part of Metro Manila (G-Liner/RRCG) through Legarda will should turn right at C.M. Recto Avenue, then right at Morayta, right at España, right at Lacson Avenue, right at Earnshaw then left at Legarda to point of origin.
- All buses coming from Taft Avenue going to Fairview should turn right to U.N. Avenue up to Otis, take a left at Nagtahan, straight to A.H. Lacson Avenue, right at España, to point of origin.
- All buses from the southern part of Manila (Laguna and Cavite) through Taft Avenue are not allowed to enter from 7am to 2pm; they are only allowed up to Remedios Street, then right to San Marcelino, and then back to point of origin.
Alalahanin na kahit may mga re-routing schemes na tulad nito, ang traffic build-up sa mga lansangan ay hindi maiiwasan. Ang dami ng tao na inaasahang dadating sa Maynila (Quiapo, Roxas Boulevard, Quirino Grandstand) ay makaka-apekto ng malaki sa daloy ng trapiko at bilis ng byahe ng mga motorista at commuters.
Safety Reminders When Passing Through Quiapo or Joining the Procession (Source: Philippine Red Cross)
- Leave your valuables at home including your cellphones. Mobile phone signals are sometimes switched off for security purposes.
- For photographers, make sure to check the procession route and ask fellow experienced photographers for vantage points.
- Wear comfortable clothes and footwear. If possible, wear sneakers (rubber shoes) and avoid sandals and heeled shoes.
- Bring an ID that bears your contact information and that of your family member in case of emergency.
- Bring candies, crackers, and drinking water to keep you hydrated.
- Make sure you are physically fit, able to travel long distances by foot.
- Avoid alcoholic drinks before going to the area or while in the area.
- Familiarize yourself with medical stations, hospital locations, police stations, and other available authorities within the Black Nazarene procession route.