The UMID Card, or the Unified Multi-Purpose ID card ay ang pinag-isang ID para sa SSS, GSIS, Pagibig, at Philhealth members. It is considered a valid government-issued ID and is honored in all transactions with the four government agencies mentioned above.
Madali lang mag apply for a UMID card and getting one is free of charge. It has security features similar with the new Phlpost ID. Kung GSIS member ka, mas madaling mag apply ng loan at mag check ng account through GWAPS kiosk gamit ang UMID because all you need to do is tap the card on UMID-compliant GWAPS machine to begin transacting!
Government and private employees, self-employed individuals, and OFWs are encouraged to apply for a UMID card.
- If you are a government employee, apply at the GSIS Enrollment Center.
- If you are a private employee, self-employed, or an OFW and are already a member of SSS, proceed to the nearest SSS branch.
- If you are both a GSIS and SSS member, you need to apply at GSIS. As a GSIS member, you will need the ATM functionality of the UMID card – a feature that is not present in UMID cards issued by the SSS.
Here are the documents and IDs you need to prepare when you visit your respective enrollment center:
- Bring any of the following primary valid IDs:
- Valid passport
- Driver’s License
- Professional Regulation Commission (PRC), and
- Seafarer’s Identification and Record Book or Seaman’s Book.
- Kung wala ka ng kahit na alin sa mga IDs na nabanggit sa itaas, bring any TWO of the following documents:
- NSO Birth Certificate
- Company ID
- Postal ID
- Philhealth ID Card
- GSIS Card
- GSIS Certificate Membership
- Tax Identification Card
- Voter’s Identification Card
- Marriage Contract
- NBI Clearance
- Police Clearance
- Senior Citizen ID
- PagIBIG Member’s Data Form
- Overseas Workers’ Welfare Administration Card (OWWA)
- IDs issued by local government units (e.g. Barangay, Municipality, or City)
- ID cards issued by Professional Associations
- Baptismal Certificate
- Alien Certificate of Registration
- Transcript of School Records
- Permit to Carry Firearms issued by the Firearms and Explosive Unit of PNP.
- Temporary License issued by the Land Transportation Office (LTO)
- Permanent Residency ID
- Certificates from:
- Office of the Southern/Northern Cultural Communities
- Office of Muslim Affairs
- Certificate of Licensure/Qualification Documents/ Seafarer’s ID and Record Book from Maritime Industry Authority
- Certificate of Naturalization from the Bureau of Immigration
- Bank Account Passbook
- Download the UMID card application form, accomplish with correct and accurate information. Bring the filled out form along with your identification cards and documents to your chosen enrollment center.
- Upon submission, your application form and identification will be verified. After this, ID picture and finger print capture na. Papipirmahin ka din sa signature pad; this will appear on your UMID card later on.
- Your UMID card will be sent to you by mail in 30 days. If you are applying at an SSS branch, they will give you your UMID application slip bearing the date when you will receive your card. Kung hindi mo ito matatanggap within the said period, maaari kang mag inquire sa pinakamalapit na SSS branch o sa GSIS office kung saan ka nag apply.
- Kung ikaw ay GSIS member o pensioner at may eCard Plus ka na, required ka pa din kumuha ng UMID card. If you are a pensioner, your UMID card will be delivered to your home address. If you are a GSIS member, your UMID will be delivered to you by your Agency Liaison Officer.
- For GSIS members and pensioners, you need to activate your UMID cards because it has ATM functionalities related to your GSIS transactions. Private employees or those who applied through SSS need not activate their UMID.