Here is an opportunity you would not want to miss.
The International School Manila is currently searching for deserving Filipino scholars for school year 2016-2017. If your child is 13 or 14 years old (or turning 13 years old on or before September 1, 2016), have completed the academic requirements equivalent to ISM’s Grade 7, and is interested in earning a scholarship at ISM, then this just might be your chance.
For more than 40 years, ISM has been granting scholarships to incoming high school students provided they pass the qualifying exams and rigid selection process. Students from public and private schools in the Philippines are given opportunities they could only dream of, including the chance to be granted full scholarships to Ivy League schools such as Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Columbia, Cornell, and Princeton.
This year, they are opening their doors once again and are searching for more scholars. Could your child be one of them?
Here are the details of the scholarship, as lifted from the International School Manila website (http://www.ismanila.org/):
NATURE OF SCHOLARSHIP
- The scholarships are available to students entering Grade 8 in the International School Manila.
- The need-based scholarships will include fees such as tuition fee, matriculation fee, and book rental. A participation fee may be required from the parents to cover a portion of the school fees.
- The scholarships may be enjoyed for five years provided the awardees maintain the appropriate scholastic level and abide by the school rules and regulations set by the Philippine Scholarship Committee.
WHO MAY QUALIFY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP?
- The awards are open to students of Filipino citizenship who have completed their 7th grade (Grades 1-6 plus first year high school or Grades 1-7) of school and who will be 13 or 14 years of age by September 1, 2016.
- The candidate must have demonstrated high academic achievement (no grade lower than 85% or its equivalent in any subject). Candidates must submit a copy of their report cards, school records/transcript from Grade 1 to current grade level with completed application forms.
- The candidate must demonstrate financial need. (Please see Financial Requirement Letter)
- The candidate must meet all regular ISM entrance requirements
- The candidate must have an excellent command of oral and written English.
- The candidate must possess high personal standards and be in good health.
- Only one sibling per family shall be considered for the scholarship program.
The student must be fully committed to attend International School Manila for a period of five years (Grades 8 – 12). School year 2016-2017 at ISM starts August 2016.
The scholarship application packet and all other forms are available at the ISM website. Deadline of submission of filled out forms is on Friday, February 5, 2016, at the Middle School Guidance Office, International School Manila.
Visit their website for more information. Good luck on your application!