We all know that the process of applying for a Housing Loan with the Pag-IBIG fund can be a long and daunting course. Most of the time, applicants are compelled to take a leave from work and hop from one government office to another in order to complete the necessary documents. After submitting all the documents, applicants are requested to wait for a long time before they are given the results of the Pag-IBIG’s evaluation.
Well, Pag-IBIG has some good news for housing loan applicants!
The Pag-IBIG Online Housing Loan Application has been launched and interested home buyers may now submit their applications online! This makes the entire process of applying for a home loan so much easier because you can do it right at the comfort of your home! The site is currently on its soft launch phase but all the links are working perfectly already.
Here are the updates you can expect from the simplified housing loan process:
- You may now apply for a Housing Loan online by logging in to http://www.pagibigfund.gov.ph/housingloan/. Once logged, key in your MID Number (Membership ID Number) or your RTN (Registration Tracking Number) in order to access the application page.
- In the same site, you also have the option to view a rough estimate of your amortization using the Amortization Calculator. There is a clickable link at the bottom of the page.
- If all the documents you have submitted for your loan have fully satisfied the requirements, you can expect to be given the results of your application in 20 days.
- From 14 basic documents, you are now only required to submit 7. Take note though that the Pag-IBIG might require for additional papers, depending on the results of evaluation:
- Housing Loan Application with recent ID photo
- Proof of Income
- One valid ID
- Transfer Certificate of Title (TCT)
- Updated Tax Declaration and Updated Real Estate Tax Receipt
- Vicinity Map
Apart from the online application, Pag-IBIG is also targeting to turn their offices into one-stop shops. This means that members, beneficiaries, and applicants no longer need to go from one government office to another to secure copies of documents required by Pag-IBIG. There will be designated desks in Pag-IBIG offices where applicants can simply request for copies of their documents and these will be processed while they wait (similar with the presence of LRA personnel in some Pag-IBIG offices).
Applicants may still file their housing loan applications in any of the 113 branches of Pag-IBIG. Word of the wise: Pag-IBIG offices tend to have lesser foot traffic during the first two weeks of the month. You may want to schedule your visit during these days.
Follow us for more updates on Pag-IBIG application processes!