Like your savings deposits in your bank, you also have the option to withdraw your contributions from the Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF) or Pag-IBIG. Each member has the right to refund their total accumulated savings or TAV, which includes their monthly savings, employer share, and total annual dividend earnings.
There are, however, certain criteria that a Pag-IBIG member needs to satisfy before he is deemed eligible to withdraw his contributions.
Find out how a member can qualify for Pag-IBIG fund withdrawal and the requirements when requesting for a refund. Read on!
What are the criteria for membership termination and refunding of Pag-IBIG contributions?
A. Membership Maturity
- Member must have at least 240 monthly membership contribution.
- Pag-IBIG Overseas Program (POP) members should have accumulated 4, 10, 15, or 20 years contributions depending on the option chosen upon membership registration.
- Member must be at least 65 years old – the mandatory retiring age.
- Optional retirement may be availed due to the following circumstances:
- Actual retirement from the SSS, the GSIS, or a separate employer provident/ retirement plan, provided the member has at least reached age 45.
C. Permanent Total Disability or Insanity
- Temporary total disability lasting continuously for more than 120 days;
- Complete loss of sight of both eyes;
- Loss of two limbs at or over the ankle or wrist;
- Permanent complete paralysis of two limbs;
- Brain injury resulting in incurable imbecility or insanity; and
- Such other cases which are adjudged to be total and permanent disability by a duly licensed physician and approved by the Board of Trustees.
D. Termination from service by reason of health.
E. Permanent departure from the country.
The benefits will be divided among the member’s legal heirs in accordance with the New Civil Code as amended by the New Family Code.
Requirements when claiming your Pag-IBIG Fund Refund
- Application for Provident Benefits Claim
- Pag-IBIG Transaction Card and one (1) valid ID card with photo and signature of claimant.
- If the Pag-IBIG Transaction Card is not available, two (2) valid ID cards with photo and signature of claimant.
- Service Records (for government employees only).
- Statement of Service (for AFP)
Additional Requirements depending on reason for claim:
- PSA Certified True Copy of Member’s Death Certificate
- Notarized Proof of Surviving Legal Heirs
- PSA Certified True Copy of Birth Certificate of all children or Baptismal / Confirmation Certificate (if with children).
- Notarized Affidavit of Guardianship (if with children below 18 years old, or if child/children is/are physically or mentally incompetent).
- To establish kinship with the deceased member, the claimant shall submit any one of the following:
- PSA Certified Tru Copy of Member’s/Claimant’s Birth Certificate
- PSA Certified True Copy of Non-availability of Birth Record and Notarized Joint Affidavit of Two (2) Disinterested Persons.
- Certified True Copy of Member’s / Claimant’s Baptismal / Confirmation Certificate.
- If member is single, Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR).
- If member is married, PSA Certified True Copy of Member’s Marriage Contract and Advisory on Marriage.
- PSA Certified True Copy of Birth Certificate
- PSA Certified True Copy of Non-availability of Birth Record and Notarized Joint Affidavit of Two Disinterested Persons.
- Notarized Certificate of Early Retirement (for private employees only, at least 45 years old).
- GSIS Retirement Voucher (for government employees).
- Order of Retirement (for AFP).
Permanent Total Disability or Insanity / Termination from the Service by Reason of Health
Physician’s Certificate / Statement (with clinical or medical abstract).
Permanent Departure from the Country
- Photocopy of Passport with Immigrant Visa / Residence Visa / Settlement Visa or its equivalent.
- Notarized Sworn Declaration of Intention to Depart from the Philippines Permanently (no need to submit if already based abroad).
Procedure on how to claim refund:
- Visit the nearest Pag-IBIG Fund office in your area.
- Present your ID to a Pag-IBIG staff and inquire about fund withdrawal.
- Your Pag-IBIG account will be verified for any applied or outstanding housing loan or short-term loan.
- You will be advised to secure your application for Provident Benefits Claim after verification.
- Submit your application form and get your claim stub with the date when refund check is ready for pick-up.
You may request for your TAV print out by visiting the nearest Pag-IBIG office or by sending them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.