Renewing your driver’s license and car registration has become so much simpler and faster now that the Land Transportation Office (LTO) has launched their LTO Online Personal Appointment and Scheduling System or PASS. Applicants may now simply set an appointment at any of the four LTO branches that offer the PASS service to ensure that they will be attended to during their visit.
The system is seen to reduce the entire renewal process to just 45 minutes, a far cry from the usual 4-hour wait time for walk-in transactions.
How does the LTO PASS Work?
You only need to visit the LTO Online System at https://www.lto.net.ph and book your appointment. You will be required to key in your address and contact details, as well as your driver’s license number. Don’t worry, the site runs on a secure platform with an HTTPS encryption so all your information is safe and cannot be accessed by hackers.
Is this open to all areas that have an LTO branch?
LTO is currently running the project in five pilot branches in Metro Manila but their direction is to have it available nationwide. Here are the branches that accept appointments made through the LTO PASS system:
- Central Office in East Avenue, Quezon City
- Novaliches, Quezon City
- Pasig City
The agency is targeting to have all branches activated with the PASS by the end of the year. While the roll-out is ongoing, the LTO will continue to accept walk-in applicants for driver’s license and car registration renewal.
For now, the PASS facility will only be accepting renewal transactions for driver’s license and car registration. All other transactions are still on a first-come, first-served basis.
How to use the PASS online facility:
- Log on to the site https://www.lto.net.ph/LTO/Online and prepare to provide the following information:
- Driver’s License Details
- Driver’s License Number
- License Holder’s Information
- First, Middle, and Last Names
- Home Address
- Email Address
- Mobile Number
- Click on Drive’s License Renewal or Motor Vehicle Renewal.
- Read the terms and conditions. Tick the small box at the bottom of the page to agree to the terms.
- Enter the CAPTCHA code and click Continue.
- Fill out the online appointment form and submit.
- Choose the branch, date, and time you wish to have the renewal processed. The system is able to determine if your license is already about to expire and will only take you to the scheduling page if your license is up for renewal.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you as soon as you are done booking an appointment online. Save this and show it to the LTO staff on the day of your appointment.
Try this new system from the LTO and let us know about your experience!