If you are planning to visit South Korea anytime soon, it is good to know that you no longer need to wait in line by the Embassy of the Republic of Korea to get a visa. Starting July 1, 2018, South Korea visitors may secure their visas through authorized travel agencies!
According to the Korean Embassy, the number of visa applicants increased from 90,000 in 2015 to 120,000 by the end of 2016. As a result, the embassy is now never without visa applicants, waiting in line for their turn to submit their documents and be granted their visas. Others who cannot be accommodated in the premises of the embassy have to wait under the sweltering heat of the sun until they are called inside for their turn.
In order to reduce the foot traffic in the embassy premises, applicants are now invited to submit their visa applications at any of the following authorized travel agencies:
- Aboex Travel and Tours
- Adventure International
- Ark Travel Express, Inc.
- Blue Horizons Travel and Tours, Inc.
- Budget Travel and Tours, Inc.
- Casto Travel Philippines, Inc.
- City Travel and Tours Corporation
- Come On Philippines Golf and Travel Agency, Inc.
- Constellation Travels, Inc.
- First United Travel, Inc.
- Getaway Tours International Inc.
- Grand Hope Travel, Inc.
- H.I.S. (Philippines) Travel Corp.
- Hanatour Manila Inc.
- HankookCeb Corp.
- Horizon Travel and Tours, Inc.
- International Journeys, Inc.
- Island Resort Club Tour Services, Inc.
- JTB Asia Pacific Philippine Corporation
- KP Joeun Consultancy, Inc.
- Las Palmas Tours and Travel Agency, Inc.
- Marsman Drysdale Travel, Inc.
- MNK Travel and Tours Corp.
- North Star International Travel, Inc.
- Pan Pacific Travel Corporation
- Party-On Travel and Tour Community Inc.
- Rajah Travel Corporation
- Rakso Air Travel and Tours, Inc.
- Reli Tours and Travel Company
- Sharp Travel Service (Philippines) Inc.
- Swire Travel Philippines, Inc.
- The Baron Travel Corporation
- Travel Pros
- Travelservices, Inc.
- Uni-Orient Travel, Inc.
Take note that beginning July 1, the Korean Embassy will only entertain walk-in applicants for the following:
- Spouses and children of Koreans;
- Holders of Visa Issuance Number;
- Government employees with official business trips; and
- Those with humanitarian reason to travel to Korea urgently.
Applicants for Temporary Visitor’s Visa will no longer be accepted.