Securing an appointment with the DFA to apply for a passport or have your old one renewed has proven to be quite a challenge for most. Good thing the DFA has made courtesy lanes available for certain types of applicants.
Here is the list of requirements in order to be eligible for the DFA’s courtesy lanes:
- Senior Citizens (60 years old and over).
- Senior citizens are allowed one companion.
- The companion of the senior citizen must be an immediate family member (i.e. spouse, siblings, adult children, adult grandchildren, and children-in-law of the senior citizen and must show proof of relationship.
- If the companion is not an immediate family member, the companion has to show proof of travel arrangements (e.g. confirmed plane or hotel booking) with the senior citizen to be able to avail of the courtesy lane facility.
- People with disabilities (PWDs) with proof of disability.
- PWD is allowed one (1) companion.
- The companion of the PWD must be an immediate family member, i.e. spouse, siblings, adult children, adult grandchildren, parents-in-law, and children-in-law of the PWD and must show proof of relationship.
- If the companion is not an immediate family member, the companion has to show proof of travel arrangements (e.g. confirmed plane or hotel booking) with the PWD to be able to avail of the courtesy lane facility.
- Solo parent with valid solo parent card, and his/her minor children.
- Minors seven years old and below and his/her parents and minor siblings.
- Pregnant women
- If pregnancy is not visible, the applicant must present medical certificate/records.
- Overseas Filipino Workers (Land and Sea-based) with valid proof of status, such as:
- Valid iDOLE card
- Valid employment contract
- Valid work visa
- Seaman’s book stamped at international border less than 365 days from the date of application.
Senior citizens, PWDs, solo parents, and their minor children, pregnant women, and OFWs have the option to choose from regular or expedited processing of their passport application.
The companion of the senior citizens and PWDs, minors seven years old and below, their parents and minor siblings, are to be assessed expedited processing fee because they are not entitled to use the courtesy lane; they are accommodated for their convenience.
All applications made on Saturdays – whether those entitled to use the Courtesy Lane Facility or those accommodated for their convenience – shall be assessed expedited processing fees based on the relevant provision of the Passport Act.