Is there an OFW in the family? Have you been working overseas for quite a few years now? The Overseas Workers’ Welfare Administration (OWWA) has some good news for our Bagong Bayani with the introduction of the OFW e-Card! Here’s how you can get one.
What is the OFW e-Card?
This is a new identification card that serves as an OFW’s proof of membership in the OWWA and also works as an Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC).
It shall allow for smoother and faster transactions with different government agencies, saving an OFW the hassle of waiting and spending more while processing his requirements in the country.
What are the benefits of owning an OFW e-Card?
- Provides easier access to OWWA programs and services.
- Serves as a valid government-issued ID for OFWs.
- Used to waive airport fees such as Travel Taxes and Terminal Fees.
What are the application requirements?
- Active OWWA membership
- Valid passport
- Valid OEC or Exemption Number
How do I get an OFW e-Card?
- The OFW e-Card is free.
- Fill out the OFW ID card application form on the OWWA website.
- Select the OWWA Regional Welfare Office where you want to claim the card.
Are all OFWs entitled to the OFW e-Card?
Yes, except newly-hired OFWs. The OWWA is still working on updates and the public shall be informed when the cards can be made available for all OFWs.
This blog is sponsored by PSAHelpline.ph.
Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PSAHelpline.ph/
Place your PSA birth certificate orders online at http://www.PSAHelpline.ph or through our FB Chat Messenger at @PSAHelpline.ph