If you still do not have a Tax Identification Number, it’s high time you get one. Every Filipino, whether employed or self-employed, must have a TIN. Your TIN ID is a valid, government-issued ID that will never expire.
It has become easier to apply for a TIN ID card from the BIR because now, you can process it online! Here are the guidelines, requirements, and steps on how to get a BIR TIN ID.
- PSA Birth Certificate of applicant
- One valid ID (especially if you already have an existing TIN but want to get the digitized ID card)
- Bring the above requirements to the nearest BIR office in your area.
- Fill out the TIN application form.
- Submit your requirements and the duly filled out TIN application form to the counter and wait for your TIN.
- After you have been issued a TIN, request to have a TIN ID Card.
- You can get the ID on the same day as it can be processed in one hour. However, during peak tax seasons, you might be requested to return the following day to claim your card.
How to get a TIN ID Online?
Here is the best part! You may now get a TIN online using the BIR eReg facility. Here’s how:
- Log on to https://ereg.bir.gov.ph or efps.bir.gov.ph
- Prepare a valid email address that you can access as this will be required in the registration process. This is where the BIR will send your TIN registration status and confirmation.
- In the BIR eReg page, key in the details required by the online form as shown above. Double-check to make sure that all information are accurate.
- When all details are confirmed, click on SUBMIT.
- The BIR will send you an email regarding the issuance of your TIN. Make sure to check your email regularly. If you cannot find the mail in your Inbox, try checking your Spam folder too.
Take Note! You may apply for a Tax Identification Number online only if you have NEVER registered a TIN before. It is unlawful to have more than one TIN. Do not do this if you have been issued a TIN before.
Tomorrow we will teach you how to get a replacement for your lost or damaged TIN ID card and how to get a TIN if you are unemployed.
If you have questions about your TIN or tax payments, you may log on to the BIR website at www.bir.gov.ph
This blog is sponsored by PSAHelpline.ph.
Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PSAHelpline.ph/
Place your PSA birth certificate orders online at http://www.PSAHelpline.ph or through our FB Chat Messenger at @PSAHelpline.ph