Do you know where you can register for the National ID once it becomes available in September? Here’s the list from the IRR of RA 11055 or the Philippine Identification System Act:
Every citizen or resident alien shall register personally in any of the following registration centers that have the necessary facilities to capture the information required to be contained in the registry. These registration centers shall be made available one year after the effectivity of this Act:
- PSA Regional and Provincial Offices;
- Local Civil Registry Offices (LCROs);
- Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) for its members and their dependents;
- Social Security System (SSS) for its members and their dependents;
- Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth);
- Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF);
- Commission on Elections (COMELEC);
- Philippine Postal Corporation (PHLPost); and
- Other government agencies and GOCCs as may be assigned by the PSA.
The list of offices of the above-mentioned agencies, which will be designated as registration centers, shall be posted on the PSA website.
For Filipinos residing abroad, the registration shall be made in the nearest Philippine Embassy or Philippine Foreign Service post, or other registration centers that may be designated by the Department of Foreign Affairs in coordination with the PSA.
(IRR of the RA 11055 or the PhilSys Law.pdf)