Last year, the Korean Embassy announced that Pinoy visa applicants will no longer be entertained at the Korean Embassy in Taguig City and instead, will be processed through designated travel agencies. This is in consideration of the safety and convenience of the applicants who are forced to wait in line under the heat of the sun due to limited space in the embassy. This year, they announced that the processes involved in visa applications have become simpler and easier to allow more Pinoys the chance to visit South Korea.
Some of the new implementations are:
- Qualified professionals from the top 100 companies need only to present a proof of employment when applying for a visa.
- Students from the Top 10 universities need only to present proof of enrollment upon visa application.
- Professionals such as lawyers, doctors, and those holding high positions in the government are entitled to 10-year multiple entry visa to South Korea.
To view the complete and most updated list of designated travel agencies where you can apply for a visa to Korea, click this link.
Other important reminders you need to know when applying for a Korean visa:
- For family applications, documents for proof of relationship is a must. This includes your PSA birth certificates and PSA marriage certificates.
- Family applications should be filed at the same time.
- Old passports with previous travels within the last 5 years should be submitted together with the latest passport when applying for a visa.
- The validity of a visa is only 3 months from the issue date. Do not apply more than 3 months prior to the date of travel.
- Visa processing takes 7 working days. Express visa processing takes 2 working days.
- Apply for a visa prior to purchasing your airline tickets since visa issuance is subject for approval of the consul in charge.