The Department of Science and Technology (DOST) is now accepting applications for the 2020 undergraduate scholarship program. Grade 12 students who wish to pursue degrees in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM), as well as non-STEM students who belong to the top 5% of their graduating class, are also welcome to apply.
All applications must be submitted and acknowledged by the DOST on or before September 6, 2019; the nationwide examination will be held on October 20, 2019.
What are the requirements for the application?
The application form for the said scholarship may be downloaded from the www.sei.dost.gov.ph website. This form is not for sale and can be reproduced. Fill out all fields on the form and attach a 1×1 photo of the applicant on the upper right-hand corner of the front page.
- Personal Information (Form A of the application form)
- Household Information Questionnaire (for RA 7687 Applicants only)
- Certificate of Good Moral Character (Form C of the application form)
- Certification of Good Health (Form D of the application form)
- Principal’s Certification (Form E1 of the application form and for applicants from the STEM strand)
- Principal’s Certification (Form E2 of the application form and for applicants from the NON-STEM strand)
- Certificate of Residency (Form F of the application form and for RA 7687 applicants only)
- Parents’ Certification (Form G of the application form and must have no pending application for immigration).
- Applicant’s Certification (Form H of the application form).
- Signed Declaration by Applicant and the Parents/Legal Guardian (Form I of the application form).
- Photocopy of PSA birth certificate of the applicant.
- Parent/s 2018 Income Tax Return /W2/Employment Contract for OFW/BIR Certificate of Exemption for filing of ITR/Municipal or Barangay Certificate of Indigency (for RA 7687 Applicants only).
- Electric Bills for 3 consecutive months in 2019 (for RA 7687 Applicants only).
- Affidavit of Guardianship (if with legal guardian)
- Certificate of scholarship in high school (if applicable)
- High School statement of account (if applicable)
What are the benefits/privileges for DOST scholars?
|Tuition and other school fees||P40,000 per academic year|
|Book allowance||P10.000 per year|
|MS/PE uniform (1st semester of the first year only)||P1,000|
|Transportation Allowance (for those studying outside the home province)||1 economy-class roundtrip fare|
|Monthly living allowance||P7,000 per month|
|Summer allowance (if required per curriculum)
Tuition and other school fees
|Book allowance||P500 (to submit OR)|
|Monthly allowance||2 months|
|Graduation clothing allowance||P1,000|
What are the criteria for eligibility?
- The applicant must be a natural-born Filipino citizen;
- If the student is under RA 7687, poor, talented, and deserving and belongs to a family whose socio-economic status does not exceed the set values of certain indicators;
- Member of the STEM strand senior high school graduating class, or a member of the top 5% of the Non-STEM strand senior high school graduating class;
- A resident of the municipality for the last 4 years as attested by the barangay chairman;
- Of good moral character and in good health; and a qualifier of the 2020 S&T Scholarship Examination.
How to apply for scholarship?
You may secure a copy of the application form at the Science Education Institute, 2nd level, Science Heritage Bldg., DOST Cmpd., General Santos Avenue, Bicutan, Taguig.
The form is also available at DOST Regional offices, Provincial Science and Technology Centers (PSTC) or Offices of the Congressmen and Senators. Or can be downloaded at www.sei.dost.gov.ph.
You may submit the accomplished form at the Science Education Institute or DOST Regional Office/PSTC nearest the applicant’s school or home address.
The deadline for filing of application is on September 6, 2019, while the date of examination is on October 20, 2019.
For more information about the DOST scholarship, you may visit their website at www.sei.dost.gov.ph or call their office numbers at (02) 839-0083, (02) 837-1333, (02) 837-2071 local 2382.