The Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan Elections (BSKE) will start today, August 1, 2019, and will run until September 30, 2019 – if you are not yet a registered voter, this is your chance to be counted.
According to the Commission on Elections (COMELEC), all poll body field offices are ready to accept applications for registration, six days a week (including Saturdays) until the end of September. They shall be open and ready to accommodate you from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Here are some important reminders you need to know:
- Applications may be filed at the Office of the Election Officer or any satellite registration site in the locality where you reside. They are open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Registration, transfer of registration record, change/correction of entries, reactivation of registration record, the inclusion of registration record, and reinstatement of the name in the list of voters are the transactions that will be entertained at the registration centers.
- Satellite registration shall also be available – watch out for further announcements on participating malls.
- Satellite registration offices may be in barangay halls, public and private schools and universities, malls, and commercial establishments, and any other public place that is accessible and convenient for residents.
- SK voters must be at least 15 years old but not more than 30 years old on election day.
- Registered voters as of May 13, 2019, for the mid-term elections, need not apply.
- PWDs, senior citizens, and pregnant applicants shall be given priority at designated express lanes.
To get a head start, download and print a copy of the application form at www.comelec.gov.ph. There are about 2 million new voters expected to troop to the registration centers so you better be quick to be first in line.