As a continuation of yesterday’s blog, I am sharing with you some important information on what you need to bring and other requirements and qualifications when you register as a voter for the 2020 Barangay Elections.
For SK voters:
You must be at least 15 years old (but not more than 30 years old) on or before the voting date.
For regular voters:
You must be at least 18 years old by May 2020.
For all voters:
- You must be a resident of the Philippines for at least one year;
- You must be residing in the barangay for at least six months on or before Election Day.
- Bring a valid ID like your driver’s license or passport along with two photocopies of the front and back of your ID.
- You have the option to download the application form from the Commission on Election’s website and fill this out before going to the registration center to save time. (Print 3 copies).
- Remember that registration is free; no payment is required for voter registration.
Bring your own pen! I hate having to wait until the person before me is done writing before I can begin so to be sure you don’t waste time at the registration center, have a black pen ready in your pocket. And then again, you can simply fill out your printed application form beforehand, just leave the signature field blank. You will sign that in the presence of a barangay staff or election officer at the registration center.
See you at the polls next year!