A CENOMARor Certificate of No Marriage is a primary documentary requirement for those who are planning to get married. It serves as proof that you or your would-be spouse is legally single – never contracted marriage or a previous marriage has been annulled. It basically tells you if you are free to marry another person.
The CENOMARfollows a 6-month validity period and may be needed as early as when you file your application for a marriage license. There are two ways you can get a copy of your CENOMARfrom the PSA: you can either go directly to any PSA office near your area or you can order it online at PSAHelpline.ph and have it delivered to your home or office.
How to get your CENOMAR at the PSA:
- Duly accomplished CENOMARapplication form.
- Present at least one valid ID:
- Company ID
- SSS/GSIS/Philhealth/Pag-IBIG ID
- Driver’s License
- PRC ID
- Senior Citizen’s ID
- Voter’s ID
- NBI Clearance
- PhilPost ID
- PWD ID
- If you are getting the CENOMAR of another person, you need to present an authorization letter signed by the owner.
- Prepare P210.00 per copy of CENOMAR as a processing/application fee. Pay only at the PSA cashier and make sure you are issued a government receipt. Never transact with fixers.
- The CENOMAR may be released to you on the same day or may take as long as 10 days.
How to get your CENOMAR online through PSAHelpline.ph
- Through their website at www.psahelpline.ph
- Through Facebook messenger (by liking and following https://www.facebook.com/PSAHelpline.ph/ on Facebook.).
- By calling their 24×7 hotline (02) 8737-1111.
A CENOMAR costs Php 465.00 when you order through PSAHelpline (through any of the above channels). That amount already includes the processing and delivery fees. You can pay right at the website using your Visa or Mastercard credit card or at any of their partner payment facilities:
- Bayad Center
- ecPay at 7-11 stores
- Bancnet ATMs
When ordering online, make sure to provide all the complete and correct details of the owner of the CENOMAR, including the correct delivery address, a working email address, and mobile and landline numbers for quick coordination with the courier on the day of delivery.
While the website and chat facilities are user-friendly, you might want to pay closer attention to the delivery guidelines. Due to the Data Privacy Act, the PSA has implemented stricter measures to ensure that these civil registry documents are only delivered to its rightful owners or their authorized representatives.
For your benefit, I am including the list of IDs and documents you need to be able to present to the courier upon delivery of your ordered CENOMAR:
What are the necessary requirements to be presented when receiving the documents upon delivery?
If the person receiving the document is the owner of legal age or any of the Authorized persons (legal spouse, father, mother, son, or daughter of legal age), he or she should present a signed valid original ID.
If the receiving party is not one of the authorized persons, he/she needs to present the following:
- An original signed letter of authorization (LOA) from the certificate owner of legal age/authorized persons (legal spouse, father, mother, son, or daughter, of legal age).
- To present a signed, valid, original ID of the owner of legal age/authorized persons (legal spouse, father, mother, son, or daughter, of legal age).
- A photocopy of the signed, valid, original ID of the owner of legal age/authorized persons (legal spouse, father, mother, son, or daughter, of legal age).
- A photocopy of the signed valid original ID of the authorized representative.
Again, don’t wait until the last minute before you get a copy of your PSA certificates. Always keep a copy in your files because you never know when you might need it for your transactions.