What to Do When Your PSA Birth Certificate Is Blurry

A PSA birth certificate with blurred entries will, most likely, not be honored by the establishment or agency that is requiring for it.  You will be asked to submit a clear copy of your PSA certificate. But how do you get a clear copy when the one from PSA is already blurred as it is?

Read this.

According to the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA), the Local Civil Registry office (LCR) where your birth certificate was registered shall be requested to endorse a clearer copy of your birth certificate to the PSA.  Yes, it is possible that the LCR has a clear copy of your birth certificate that is why this commonly the first advice given to Filipinos whose birth certificates are unreadable.

The owner of the birth certificate, his or her parents, spouse, and children, may request the LCR to endorse the clear copy of the document to the PSA so that a clear and readable copy of the PSA birth certificate may be obtained by the owner later on.

But what if the record of the PSA and the LCR are both blurry?

If this is the case, a petition for correction under the provisions of RA 9048 must be filed at the LCR. To do this, you need to prepare the following supporting documents:

  1. Certified machine copy of the birth record containing the entry to be corrected.
  2. Not less than two (2) private or public documents upon which the correction shall be based like baptismal certificate, voters’ affidavit, employment record, GSIS/SSS record, medical record, business record, driver’s license, insurance, land titles, certificate of land transfer, bank passbook, NBI/police clearance, civil registry records of ascendants.
  3. Notice/Certificate of Posting.
  4. Payment of P1,000 as a filing fee.
  5. Other documents which may be required by the LCR.

I hope I was able to help you find the answers to your questions about blurred entries in your PSA birth certificate. You can send me an email or make a comment below if you have further questions, I’ll do my best to find the answers.

Keep safe!



Published by MasterCitizen

I collect citizen facts and the usual stuff that might be important for a Pinoy's everyday life....Subscribe to get updates, opinions, and news.

3 thoughts on “What to Do When Your PSA Birth Certificate Is Blurry

  1. I have this problem po but I need to have my mother’s name corrected first then proceed to get a clear copy of my birth certificate. How long will this take for the two po? Clerical error and clear copy

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: