Is your driver’s license expiring soon and you are not sure how you can have it renewed given the current quarantine restrictions in your area?
Good news! The Land Transportation Office (LTO) now welcomes driver’s license renewals via the Land Transportation Management System (LTMS) portal. It is an online platform where drivers and motor vehicles owners can transact with the LTO remotely while it is still not safe to go out and be caught in crowded areas.
Below is a quick guide on the requirements, fees and penalties, and step-by-step process of renewing your driver’s license online. We also included the complete list of the LTO branches that have online services for your reference. Also, the instructions, requirements, and fees featured in this blog are for drivers in the Philippines only. The LTO has special requirements and fees for Pinoy drivers wanting to renew their licenses while they are abroad. That will be featured separately.
We hope you find this helplful.
Eligibility for DL Renewal
- Holders of Non-professional driver’s license, professional driver’s license, and conductor’s license not expired for two years or more.
- Holders of the above-mentioned licenses and due for renewal within one year.
List of requirements:
- Original non-professional driver’s license and or professional driver’s license.
- A copy of your medical certificate, electronically transmitted by a clinic that is accredited by the LTO.
How to renew your driver’s license online:
- Create an account and register at the LTMS portal at portal.lto.gov.ph
- Choose Enroll as an Individual to begin your registration. Answer the succeeding questions.
- Provide your personal and contact details.
- Verify your account by clicking on the link sent to the email address you provided upon registration.
- Create your account password and sign in to your LTMS portal account.
- Once logged in, select Licensing on the dashboard.
- Accomplish the online application form.
From this point, you will be asked for the type of license and or application that you want to complete, the schedule when you prefer to visit the LTO branch you chose. Essentially, it is like setting an appointment for your visit to the LTO to finish the rest of the renewal process.
You can pay for the license fees online so that your transaction is completely cashless.
Driver’s License Renewal Fees:
- Application fee – Php 100
- Computer fee – Php 67.63
- Permit or license fee – Php 585
- Computer fee – Php 67.63
- One day to one year expired – Php 75
- More than one to two years expired – Php 150
- More than two years expired – Php 225 (needs to take the exam again).
List of LTO branches with Online Services:
- Pagadian District Office
- Malaybalay District Office
- Bayombong District Office
- Butuan District Office
- Tagbilaran District Office
- Dumaguete District Office
- Laoag District Office
- Roxas District Office
- Ormoc District Office
- Lipa District Office
- Calapan District Office
- Naga District Office
- Tagum District Office
- Davao District Office
- General Santos District Office
- Baguio Licensing Center
- San Fernando District Office
- Angeles District Office
- Binan District Office
- Quezon City Licensing Center
- Eastwood DLRO
- Muntinlupa DLRO
- Ever Gotesco DLRO