Did you know that you can apply for the renewal of your PRC license right at the safety of your home? Yes, you can!
As a blogger, I think one of the best news I am able to share to all of you is the availability of online platforms where we can transact with the government safely and conveniently. I am still not confident about the idea of commuting and waiting in long lines in crowded areas to get my errands done that is why I am truly thankful that most government agencies have stepped up and made available certain transactions online.
So, here it is. To all of you who are PRC license holders and need these licenses renewed anytime soon, you might want to try doing it online.
List of professionals that can renew their PRC licenses online:
- Aeronautical Engineer
- Agricultural Biosystems Engineer
- Certified Mine Foreman
- Certified Plant Mechanic
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Quarry Foreman
- Chemical Engineer
- Civil Engineer
- Customs Broker
- Dental Hygienist
- Dental Technologist
- Electronics Engineer
- Electronics Technician
- Environmental Planner
- Fisheries Technologist
- Foreign Medical Professional
- Geodetic Engineer
- Geologic Aide
- Guidance Counselors
- Interior Designers
- Landscape Architect
- Master Plumber
- Mechanical Engineer
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Medical Technologist
- Metallurgical Engineer
- Metallurgical Plant Foreman
- Mining Engineer
- Naval Architect
- Occupational Therapist and Occupational Therapist Technician
- Ocular Pharmacologist
- Physical Therapist
- Professional Electrical Engineer
- Professional Electronics Engineer
- Professional Mechanical Engineer
- Professional Teacher
- Radiologic Technologist
- Real Estate Appraiser
- Real Estate Broker
- Real Estate Consultant
- Registered Electrical Engineer
- Registered Master Electrician
- Respiratory Therapist
- Sanitary Engineer
- Social Worker
- X-ray Technologist
Your renewed PRC license will be valid for 3 years. These are the fees when renewing licenses:
- Professions requiring baccalaureate degree: Php 150 per year or Php 450 for three years.
- Professions requiring non-baccalaureate degree: Php 140 per year or Php 420 for three years.
A surcharge of Php 30 and Php 28 for the two types of degrees respectively shall be applied for renewals made 20 days late after the licensee’s birth month.
How to renew your license online
- Log on to https://online.prc.gov.ph/
- Input your details such as your full name, gender, civil status, birthday, and email address. Make sure you provide a working email address as the verification link and updates from the PRC will be sent to this address.
- Once you have successfully created an account, login to your account to complete your profile and other information. Click on “Save Information” when done.
- Upload your 2×2 photo by clicking the camera icon. Here are some guidelines to ensure that your uploaded photo meets all the PRC requirements:
- 2×2 size
- White background
- Should have been take no more than 6 months from the upload date.
- You should be wearing a shirt with collar.
- You should not be wearing eyeglasses on the photo
- Your ears should not be covered
- The photo should not have shadows or highlights.
- For the transaction type, choose RENEWAL.
- Choose your preferred PRC office where you want to claim your Professional Identification Card and then click on the “Proceed” button.
- Choose your preferred payment option:
- Credit or debit card
- After you have made your payment, check into your account again to check that the payment details status has been updated to “Paid”.
- Print your documents and keep these until your appointment date.
Bring your printed documents to the PRC office you have chosen; present your documents to the PRC officer when claiming your Professional Identification Card.
You can also have your PIC delivered to your home – a safer and more convenient way to get your PIC, huh?
Drop in again tomorrow for the full instructions on how to have your PIC delivered to you.