A CENOMAR, or a Certificate of No Marriage is a document issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) to certify that the person whose name appears on the document is not married or has not contracted any marriage in the past. It is often (but not always) required when applying for a marriage license.
If you need a copy of your CENOMAR, you can order for it online. Especially now that going outside of our homes must be reserved for essential errands only, an online source for our civil registry documents is truly relevant and meaningful. I found my go-to platform for all my civil registry documents: PSAHelpline.ph.
Three things I like about them:
- Their website is easy to navigate and ordering is very simple.
- They have a lot of payment options I can choose from.
- They deliver on time.
- Logon to www.psahelpline.ph and click on the Get Started button.
3. Choose SELF if you are ordering the CENOMAR for yourself. For privacy and security, PSAHelpline only allows the document owner’s next of kin to order for him or her. Other than that, no other person can request for your PSA certificates for you through their website.
4. Accomplish the Requester Information page with your details (as the owner and the requesting party).
5. Provide your father’s full name as it appears on you birth certificate. Otherwise, just tick the There is no father’s name in the certificate of live birth box.
6. Provide your mother’s full maiden name and then the details of your place of birth.
7. Indicate the reason for your request. I am not sure if there are any other transactions that will require you to submit a CENOMAR other than when you are getting married, but just the same, just choose the most appropriate reason for your request 😊
8. And then provide your complete delivery address, a working mobile phone, and an active email address. I emphasized on the last two (see the image) because this is where you will be sent payment reminders and updates on the status of your order. The courier will also most likely contact you through your mobile number in case he could not easily locate the address and needs some driving directions.
9. Finally, you will be shown the summary of your order. Go over the details you submitted carefully to be sure that all are correct and accurate. If any of these fail (your parent’s name, your name and birth place details, your address), your order might get delayed or your document might not be found on file (because the PSA rely solely on the information you provided when locating your document in their files).
10. Choose the number of copies you wish to order. A copy of a CENOMAR costs P420.00, including processing and shipping (wherever you are in the country!). You can order more than one copy per transaction – for the same name.
11. Choose among their various payment methods you would like to use when paying for your order. The fastest, safest, and most convenient way to pay for your PSAHelpline orders is of course, online. They accept Visa and Mastercard credit cards, GCash payments, and PayMaya. These are cashless payments that get credited within the day. Other payment options available are:
- Palawan Pawnshops
- BancNet ATMs
- Metrobank (over-the-counter)
- BPI (over-the-counter)
- BDO (over-the-counter)
When you click any of the above, you will either be given access to their payment portal or you will be shown the complete instructions on how you can pay for your ordered documents.
A few minutes after you submit your order, you will receive an email that you may now pay for your order at your chosen payment channel. You will also receive a text message reminding you to settle your payment to receive your order on time.
If you are in Metro Manila, you should get your orders in 2 to 3 business days from the time of your payment, provincial deliveries take 7 to 8 working days. I think it is still economical to have it delivered to your home – for me, any opportunity to not wait in line and travel under the heat of the summer sun and get exposed to the virus is most welcome. That is why I am most actively sharing this to all of my friends and family.
Stay safe everyone!