How to Correct Error in Gender in Your PSA Birth Certificate

How do you correct the gender indicated in your PSA birth certificate? Is this something you can easily do by filing a petition for correction or do you still need the services of a lawyer to prove that you are male or female? How much is the fee for this type of correction and what documents do you need to submit for the correction process to begin?

To all our dear followers who requested for this topic to be featured, here you go!

An incorrect gender in a PSA birth certificate can be corrected by filing a petition for correction, as prescribed by RA 10172 (the law that authorizes the civil registrar to correct the gender of a person in a birth certificate without judicial order). So, if the gender in your birth certificate is incorrect, all you need to do is file a verified petition for correction in the entry of sex in the birth certificate with the city or municipal civil registrar where the birth certificate in question was registered.

Documentary requirements:

  • Earliest school records
  • Baptismal certificate
  • Clearance of no pending case or criminal record
  • Affidavit of publication from the publisher stating that the petition to correct the gender was published in a newspaper of general circulation along with a newspaper clipping of the publication.
  • Medical certificate issued by an accredited government physician that the petitioner has not undergone sex change or transplant.


P3,000 to be paid to the local civil registry office upon filing.  Indigents are exempted from paying fees if the petition is supported by a certificate from the LGU that the petitioner is an indigent.

I hope you found this article helpful, dear followers! Let us know in the comments section what other PSA certificate topics you would like us to cover.

Have a great weekend, everyone!


Published by MasterCitizen

I collect citizen facts and the usual stuff that might be important for a Pinoy's everyday life....Subscribe to get updates, opinions, and news.

One thought on “How to Correct Error in Gender in Your PSA Birth Certificate

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: