The Comelec iRehistro is the online registration platform implemented by the COMELEC to allow Filipino voters to register, update their information, or reactivate their voter records and reinstate their name in the voters’ list. This was made available to the public last September 2020 and all qualified Filipino citizens are encouraged to sign up and be counted as a voter until September 2021.
Important things to remember when using iRehistro:
- You must be at least 18 years old or 18 years old by May 9, 2022 to register to iRehistro.
- You must be a resident of the Philippines for at least one year and must have had a six-month residency in the place where you intend to vote.
- Submitting your application form thru iRehistro does not automatically mean you are registered to vote. You still need to personally appear at a local Comelec office for biometrics capture (just like the National ID).
- Applications submitted thru iRehistro will be deliberated by the Election Registration Board and are subject for their approval.
What information are collected through the iRehistro?
- Full name
- Date and place of birth
- Civil status
- Citizenship details
- Home address
- Reason why registration record was deactivated (imprisonment, declared insane or incompetent, failed to vote in two successive elections, loss of Filipino citizenship, etc.).
You have the option to set an appointment with the Comelec for the collection of your biometrics which will complete your registration. If you have an appointment, you will be prioritized. You also have the option to come in any time between 8am to 3pm from Monday to Thursday (Friday is disinfection day for Comelec offices). Also, should your area be under ECQ or MECQ, the Comelec offices in your area will likewise be closed to the public.
You may begin your registration by visiting the iRehistro website here.
Magpa rehistro para sa Halalan 2022!