Now that you have successfully set an appointment with the NBI, you are all set to finish the last step in getting your NBI clearance (assuming you are, indeed, clear 🙂 ) To those who are visiting my page just now, you can read the complete step-by-step procedure on how to set an appointment with the NBI for first-time NBI clearance applicants in my previous blog, here: Updated Guide On How To Get An NBI Clearance 2021.
Step-by-step process for on-site visit at NBI:
Step 1: Bring the following when you visit the NBI:
- Print-out of your application form OR
- A copy of your reference number (written down on a piece of paper or a screenshot on your phone)
- Valid IDs such as:
- PSA Birth Certificate (original copy)
- Driver’s License
Step 2: Have your photo and fingerprint biometrics collected at the NBI Office of your choice.
- Go to your selected NBI branch on the date and time of your appointment.
- The security guard or an NBI personnel will assist you; present your IDs and application form or reference number.
- You will be instructed to go straight to the encoding station.
Step 3: Claim your NBI Clearance
Assuming your name is clear (no hits or you do not have a namesake who is charged with a crime), your NBI will be made available IN MINUTES. (Yes! In minutes!) So you need to wait a bit to get your clearance.
In case your name has a hit, you will be asked to come back after they have checked that you are not the person in question. This may take a few days.
Reminders when getting an NBI Clearance:
- You need a valid online appointment before going to an NBI office to apply for a clearance. Walk-in applicants are not entertained.
- You cannot send a representative to apply on your behalf. You need to personally appear before the NBI to fulfill the biometric collection process.
- Make sure you have the complete set of IDs and documents before proceeding to the NBI. They maintain a No ID, No Clearance policy.
- The new NBI clearance is multi-purpose. The green NBI clearance for overseas work and travel no longer exists.
- There is no age requirement to get an NBI clearance. Minors and seniors may apply for a clearance if need be and they will be accommodated.
- First-time job applicants and fresh graduates get to apply for an NBI clearance for free.
- Have you ever been caught jaywalking? Make sure you settled your penalty, otherwise, your NBI clearance will surely return with a hit.
- Do not transact with fixers, whether in person or online. Do not fall for scammers who promise to get you an NBI clearance for a fee, without appearance and without submitting any IDs.
Tomorrow, I will feature the step-by-step process for when you need to renew your NBI clearance.
Stay safe and healthy!